Please note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we currently cannot offer internships at the FES Bangladesh Office. We kindly ask for your understanding.
Our office welcomes students, current graduates and post-graduate students to apply for an internship at FES Bangladesh. A study background in political science, sociology, law, macroeconomics, management sciences, or public relation has proven to be the most advantageous.
Applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
- Be in their advanced study period, i.e. have at least completed a BA degree,
- be fluent in English, and possess excellent writing skills,
- have a sufficient level of medical fitness to work in a (sub-) tropical country.
The following experiences/ skills are an asset:
- Experiences in international cooperation/ development cooperation,
- strong knowledge about and/ or work experience with trade unions, political parties and/ or in the field of sustainable development,
- (work) experience abroad,
- social engagement.
Due to visa regulations we can only offer internships with a duration of three months.
If this may not sound attractive, here comes the good news: We make a strong effort to personalize the content of the internships and to closely match the interests of our interns with an involvement in current FES project lines.
The ideal candidate would thus already have a profound study interest in a specific aspect of current political developments in Bangladesh. In the past, the hosting of students who are writing their master thesis or dissertation and who would like to embed their private research in a practical setting has proven to be highly beneficial for both sides.
We ask all applicants to submit all of the following information:
- Letter of motivation, including
- academic fields of interest related to the work of FES Bangladesh
- envisaged commencement date and duration of internship
- Since we have two different programmes in Bangladesh please indicate in your application which one interests you the most (for more details please see: Our mission in Bangladesh)
Please bear in mind that we receive a lot of applications for internships. Hence, we cannot grant an internship to all applicants. The rule of thumb is: The earlier you apply and the more identifiable your motivation and topical interests are, the bigger your chances.
Please submit your application via e-mail to contact(at)fesbd.org.